Are you, or someone you know, a High School Sophomore or Junior in Farmers' Electric Cooperative's service area?
Submit an essay on the topic provided for your chance to win an ALL-EXPENSE PAID trip!
Juniors compete for one of two trips to the Youth Tour
in Washington, D.C.
Three sophomores will win trips to the Cooperative Youth Conference and Leadership Experience (C.Y.C.L.E.) in Jefferson City.
For 57 years, Farmers' Electric Cooperative has sponsored ALL-EXPENSE-PAID trips to our nation's capital for area high school juniors. In 2004, the Co-op added additional all-expense-paid trips to the Cooperative Youth Conference & Leadership Experience (C.Y.C.L.E.) in Jefferson City. In 2010, the Cooperative opened the C.Y.C.L.E. conference to area high school sophomores. Sophomore and Junior class English and History instructors will receive the essay contest information and applications in early winter each year.
- The contest is open to ALL high school sophomores and juniors attending a high school located within the Farmers’ Electric Cooperative service area, which includes the counties of Caldwell, Carroll, Chariton, Clinton, Daviess, Dekalb, Livingston, Linn or Ray.
- STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF FARMERS’ ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE TO ENTER AN ESSAY.
- Children of Cooperative employees and directors are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Submit a typed essay, 250-600 words in length on the topic provided in the entry form.
- Use ONLY the main subject title in your essay.
- Please DO NOT include your name on the essay.
- All essays must be accompanied by the entry form.
- Drop off or mail essays to:
Farmers' Electric Cooperative
Attn: Essay Contest
201 W Business 36
Chillicothe, MO 64601
- or Email essays to firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Juniors compete for one of two FREE trips to the Youth Tour in Washington, D.C.
Three High School Sophomores will win FREE trips to the C.Y.C.L.E. program in Jefferson City, MO!